Her Land, Her Love Student Workbook
The Her Land, Her Love Student Workbook is written by Her Land, Her Love author Evangeline Parsons Yazzie Ed.D. and includes comprehension questions for classroom discussion, Navajo and English vocabulary, puzzles and activities to practice vocabulary comprehension, activities that further geographical knowledge through mapmaking of relevant landscapes, and questions further exploring Navajo culture and traditions of the past and present.
This workbook is 288-pages in length, available in paperback and is correlated to the Navajo Nation Department of Diné Education Standards.
- Discuss Navajo culture and traditions before, during and after the era of the Navajo Long Walk.
- Study Navajo and English vocabulary word lists taken from the novel Her Land, Her Love.
- Solve puzzles and complete activities using Navajo and English vocabulary.
- Develop geographical knowledge of locations included in the novel by creating detailed maps of settlements, trails, and landscapes.
- Learn about Navajo culture and traditions through comprehension questions that analyze Navajo societal norms of the past and present.
- Engage in a learning environment guided by the Navajo Nation Department of Diné Education Standards which include Diné History, Oral Language, Government, Culture and Character Building Standards.
|11 × 8.5 × 0.67 in